"Time for a party... but first, the Thank You speech?" teased a friend, when I told him my Balcony Row had won an award. I can blabber all day but its times like these that I draw a blank.
Thanks Aishwarya for this one! I treasure it.
So what's the Liebster Blog Award all about? It's basically a blogger's way of saying "You're one of my favorites! Good job!” Liebster is German for dearest.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
1. So, here go 11 random facts about me:
1. I can go underground for longer than you can imagine and watch movies and more movies back to back!
2. My most treasured B'day gift - iPad from Dad last birthday.
3. What cheers me up? Buy me clothes and I'll forget you beat me at Scrabble.
4. Which brings me to the next.... I'm a word nerd.
5. Bollywood character I identify with - Geet of Jab we Met.
6. When I'm in a mess and trying to talk it out of my system, I just need you to hear me. Keep your advice to yourself :P
7. What you'd normally read in the mirror, I can write with my left hand (cursively!)
8. I can gaze at the sea in the night for hours. My idea of a perfect date: Moonlight night, movie, dinner by the sea!
9. I've seen DDLJ more than you can count on your fingers.
10. What turns me off? Arrogance.
11. If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. [I'm stealing that one]
Europe. Florence is breath-taking. Austria beats Switzerland. It's heaven on earth. [...And here's a little secret... Yash Chopra, apparently, shot most of his films in Austria, not Switzerland].
2. Your one wish for your country.
If I could change one law - Rapists should be stoned to death like in Islamic countries.
3. Your meaning of love.
It's not a feeling. Feelings are fleeting. It's not a state of mind. It's a state of being!
4. Your favorite food when you're depressed
5. The most adventurous thing you've done ever?
You're asking an indoors person? :-)
6. Something you wish to do, if you had no societal/monetary limitations?
Shelter for homeless kids.
7. If you could have life-long subscription to any magazine, which would it be & why
Umm... Magazine I'm not sure. How about a *free* life-long subscription to a DVD store? :-)
8. The one famous person you would be struck dumb upon meeting. And why! :)
Shahrukh... Shahrukh... Shahrukh... coz SHAHRUKH!
9. 5 most favorite television series!
As a kid I wouldn't miss Jungle Book (Mogli), I Dream of Gennie, Small Wonder, Zabaan Sambhalke, Dekh Bhai Dekh, Flop Show.
10. Harry Potter or Twilight? Give me reasons!
11. Your dream job. Or business. Or vocation.
Being paid to watch movies...
Questions for my 10 nominees:
1) One song to describe your life...
2) One film you could watch over and over?
3) Your idea of fun?
4) If you could live someone else's life for a day, who's would it be?
5) One film you wish had never been made?
6) One crazy wish?
7) Films that didn't get their due?
8) What freaks you out?
9) What is love?
10) What are things you like to do alone?
11) If you had only 5 more minutes to live, what would you do?
A big thank you to my readers before I get to my nominees for the Liebster Blog Award.
Life in Bits & Bytes
Shahrukh Is Love
From India with Pyar...
A Diva & Her Bollywood
Bolly hoo ha
The Movie Review Blog